Now to continue summing up my posts:
Stylites are pole sitters
I signed a petition- fight hunger!
I wasn’t sure about the new Pope
Eastern Easter was three hours long but I was so absorbed in the whole thing
I wrote a three part piece for Love, Joy, Feminism
I’m better at biblical trivia than some churches!
Pope Francis thinks atheists are redeemed by the blood of Christ; the Vatican does not
I am finding myself tired by the project
31) New Hope Church South- this sermon on integrity is better than the last integrity sermon was. I was only disappointed by lack of fellowship time
32) St Andrew Episcopal- massively good with great messages, a nice post to re-read
Baptism used to be a much lengthier process in the 200’s
I examined grace, faith and works as philosophies
33) All Saints, the other Cathedral- another great re-read, sermon on sin that I actually liked
34) True Witness Apostolic Faith- small, strange
35) Union(ville) RCA- friendly folks, sermon held reminder we are lucky to be far from war in this country
I examine the difficulties of gluten-free worship
Kateri shrine makes me wonder about how true accounts of her story really are
The pope said some stuff about gays. It was far more positive than anyone expected
36) St Mary’s Catholic- this is the church with a turquoise carpet and pastel ceiling
37) Metropolitan New Testament Missionary Baptist- it was like something was missing
38) Iglesia Pentecostal- friendly, great music, they seemed over-concerned about demons though
I find myself stumbling through old church names in the yellow pages
39) First Church, RCA- nice, message includes caring for nature/environmentalist concerns
40) Mt Calvary Baptist- sermon somehow made me feel hopeful about things that seem hopeless, guest pastor was fantastic
41) St Francis of Assisi Delaware Ave- I was told by the deacon the church has gay membership.
42) Mother Theresa Catholic community- despite the appearance I liked the easy welcome and generosity here
43) Union Missionary Baptist- they seem nice but I felt unwelcome to communion
We become the group, the group becomes us
44) St Paul Episcopal- fortress of solitude with friendly coffee hour
45) Powerhouse City of Deliverance- so loud it pushed beyond the sound to peacefulness
46) St Francis Assisi South End- 1000 paper cranes and remembering to push our comfort level
I wrote about stewardship and the Aquabats
Get it together regarding website, Presbys!
God can’t erase the need for human help in depression, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise
Read a book by a pastor who probably should have listened to my above advice. She frames the whole thing as a battle against the devil, personified by a deacon in her church
It sounds like early Christianity offered a basis for women and slaves to refuse sex, something they may have been expected to give to their husbands and owners
47) Wilborn COGIC- guest preacher was trite, but cool communion points, with an individual germ-free packet we stood up as a group to eat
The bible is partly fanfic
48) Mt Zion missionary Baptist- I should go again
49) New Horizons- the end is near!
50) White Couch- didn’t do what I was hoping, just kinda fell flat
I was sick a few Sundays and got a little despondent
51) Greater St John COGIC- decent, I decided crazy praise might be a way of fighting depression and (self discovery) learned that God is a terrorist in the Moses story
52) Antioch Fellowship- the minister doing the service told me she loved me
53) Sweet Pilgrim- nice building, great messages, liturgical dance
54) First Presby Greenbush- nice little church, old but newly merged, would be interesting to see where it goes
I am still thinking about how much or little I care about a church’s doctrine and maintenance of rules
55) Terra Nova- I hadn’t noticed before but this church is affiliated with the acts29 group
Easter- I ponder how to be shocked enough at Jesus’ death and in fact all human death
I complain about gender essentialism and point out the Jesus doesn’t seem to have made any statements about the proper roles for men vs women
56) St Tim’s N. Greenbush- ELCA doesn’t disappoint!
I note that I am not just looking for the familiar but intentionally pushing into the unknown
I see God as the possibilities
57) S. Bethlehem UMC- It’s God’s party, he sends the invites
58) Iglesia Emmanuel- fun music, disappointing convo with music director/pastor’s son
I short posted about guns, prayer, and marriage
Making sin right should include considering those outside ourselves hurt by the sin. Christianity often seems to miss this key component in getting wrapped up in fixing the sinner’s relationship with God.
Grand St Church in someone’s home via video- disorganized and amateurish
59) St John Evangelist/St Joseph- interesting to look at, otherwise unmemorable
I examine a Catholic same-gender attraction support group via online
60) Reigning Life- white patriarchal leadership of friendly black congregation…strange
I wonder why we lump different Christian groups together as if they are a homogeneous mass
I talk about the fact that taking notes helps me absorb the message better
And now we’re pretty much up to speed.